This might not be the case for everyone doing this but it certainly was to me. I had been struggling with the ADFS and IFD for some time that it started to be something of a blurr what I had been changing and what was untouched. Anyway, the CRM was up, the IFD was working, everyone's happy.
What happened next was that the disk was getting full on the server and I noticed I had forgotten to turn off the trace. Since this can be done either by the registry or by changing the database with powershell I started by looking at the registry and no keys were set there, moving along to the database using powershell.
The good-ole' "Add-PsSnapin Microsoft.Crm.Powershell" gave me no headaches, that was about to change though. When I entered "Get-CrmSetting TraceSettings" the following message returned:
Get-CrmSetting : The underlying connection was closed: Could not establish trust relationship for the SSL/TLS secure channel.This made me a bit confused since everything else was working fine. A bit of searching lead me to looking at the Deployment manager and what was set there.
At line:1 char:15
+ Get-CrmSetting <<<< TraceSettings
+ CategoryInfo : NotSpecified: (:) [Get-CrmSetting], WebException
+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : System.Net.WebException,Microsoft.Crm.PowerShell.GetCrmSettingCmdlet
This is what the Web Address settings looked like and the IFD was pointing at adfs.domain.com. The solution to my problem was just to change the web address to that of the IFD and bingo, powershell was happy again. To turn off the tracing of the CRM server is a different story, that part lives it's own life.
Developer at CRM-Konsulterna