torsdag 12 september 2019

Problems publishing workflows on CRM4... on premise

Yes I know, this is a slightly dated software, and by slightly I mean a lot. However, when someone has issues we do what we can to help.

The error message in the trace log says 363: Type System.Workflow.ComponentModel.Serialization.NullExtension is not marked as authorized in the application configuration file

The application says "can't publish workflow" (might have been "can't compile workflow"). This happened earlier and I found  a blog about a lot of authorized types in web.config which solved those. All the old issues could be from a .Net upgrade which I found on a Sharepoint blog.


Regarding this issue, no hits on your favourite search engine to help me. My first thought was to install UR 21 which wasn't installed on the server, however the server was installed with Swedish as base language and Microsoft have removed the UR21 files in Swedish, only English is still availabel, dead end!
Since the last one was solved by adding an authorized type I started looking in the web.config and I actually found a line which looked slightly similar to the error

<authorizedType Assembly="System.Workflow.ComponentModel, Version=3.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35" Namespace="System.Workflow.ComponentModel.Serialization" TypeName="TypeExtension" Authorized="True" />

Sooo, I simply added another line where I changed the TypeName to "NullExtension" and did an IISReset and the old server was publishing workflows again.

Sometimes I just feel that you're not supposed to be doing these things, don't know if it's supported or not but it worked...

Rickard Norström
Developer at CRM-Konsulterna
www.crmkonsulterna.se 

3 kommentarer:

  1. Hi Rickard,
    I have the same problem but this solution does not work.
    Are you sure there was nothing else done on the server?
    Would you mind sharing your web.config?

    Thanks,
    Marcin

    SvaraRadera
  2. What error are you getting? The error I was getting which I solved this way was that the System.Workflow.ComponentModel.Serialization wasn't authorized (or something similar)

    BR
    Rickard

    SvaraRadera
  3. Den här kommentaren har tagits bort av bloggadministratören.

    SvaraRadera