måndag 7 december 2020

Name changes in the application we no longer know what to call.

I might have overdone the namecalling a bit now but it makes things a bit less easy. When I started working with the application it was called Microsoft Dynamics CRM which made searching for information quite easy, most of the time you just searched for "CRM <version>" and what your issue was and you got quite good results.

Sometimes I just get a bit disheartened by the application.
Today I did the first customization after the latest name change and I get to pick field type "choice" or "choices". Not much information so I turn to Google with "dynamics 365 choice choices".
That search didn't go well, or, the search did just fine but the results weren't really helping me. SO I modify it to "dynamics 365 column type choise choises" and the first hit is this page https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dynamics365/customerengagement/on-premises/customize/types-of-fields
which tells me that I can use optionset or multiselect optionset.
I suppose "choices" is multiselect optionset, which somehow sounds a bit more intuitive than "choices".

Call me old.

Rickard Norström
Developer at CRM-Konsulterna
www.crmkonsulterna.se  

 

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar